How a Bail Bond Works
Bail Bond agencies enable you to have someone freed from jail without requiring you to post the entire bond amount. A Bail Bond agency will typically collect a percentage of the total bail amount (as prescribed by law) from you and guarantees the Court that the defendant will appear to all required hearings.
Bail bond agencies typically collect 10% of the bail amount from you as a “Premium” plus a $12.00 state tax and a $25 filing fee. To have a friend or relative freed from jail, you pay this amount.
Once we receive payment, we can arrange to have your friend or relative freed from jail.
The Bail Bond Process Works as Follows:
- You contact Rader Bail bonding 24 Hours a day/7 days a week.
- Your Rader Bond Agent will ask you for specific information about your friend or relative who is detained, including the following:
- What is the person’s full legal name?
- What is the person’s date of birth?
- What county is the person being held in?
- What is the charge?
- How much is the bail amount?
(Your Agent may also require some basic information about the accused: his or her personal history, including where they work/school, previous arrests, and residency information.)
- You provide Rader Bonding with a percentage of the total bail amount (typically only 10%).
- We will contact the jail facility and determine exact bail information and arrange to have your friend/relative released.
- Your Rader Bonding Agent will contact you as soon as arrangements have been completed.
Most detention facilities (especially those in large metropolitan areas) are very slow in processing and are often overloaded with calls. Your bail agent will be able to assist you in confirming the release status, charges, etc. Please remember to be patient.